links

 

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My First Listeners

Over the break, I had the pleasure to play the album in progress for two friends who came for a visit, my first 2 listeners!

I felt comfortable enough to share my half-baked recordings since the guys were generous contributors to my kickstarter campaign, were both artistic (a writer and an illustrator) and music lovers. They were my target audience, and I wanted to see their reaction.

It's very nerve-wracking to let someone hear something I wrote for the first time. So much of me goes into each song, production choice, piano part etc and it feels like I'm putting my whole self on the line for the impression of others.

I was relieved and excited, to see that not only did they love each song, but the music left them moved. I could see them reacting emotionally to something that I wrote and recorded. That feeling was so incredibly satisfying I could hardly sleep that night.

If I could move two people, I could move more. To me that's what this project is all about.
you're next.


We are resuming sessions next week with a very busy recording month, so plenty of posts to follow - watch out!

1 comment: