links

 

Friday, February 4, 2011

Strings...

Wow, recording in winter in the Northeast could be a nightmare!

We had 3 sessions canceled due to the snowstorms and me getting sick... That set me way past the deadline I have made for myself and the label rep in me is pushing the artist in me to get back on schedule. So fun being a one person project...

But, I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and the songs are shaping up so beautifully.

Our string session was on Sunday Jan 23rd, and the UMass grad school quartet did a great job putting some soul into the project. It all started with me playing a show in which Julie (violin) played a killer version of Michael Jackson's "smooth criminal". I asked her to come play on the recording right then and there, and to bring her quartet along.

I always enjoy writing strings. I am extremely grateful for my string arranging background from my NYC days and especially Annie Gallup's album "Weather" that elevated my skills and musicality to a much higher degree. I was very happy to turn that experience to my own music and hearing it all come to life.

next, I only have vocals left! I am half way done and am hoping to wrap up the recording stage within a week or two. Please don't snow anymore, sky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment