links

 

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

pianos, organs and wurlys! a day of keyboard overdubs

After a grueling editing period (which I can compare to basically photoshopping...) all the basic tracks are sounding solid, and it's time to start putting on the frills.

and today was a very fun day at Rotary Records - the keyboard overdub day!

it's one of those days where I do all the work, playing on 6 of the album's tracks.

we started with acoustic piano, playing some of the pretty ballads and my signature song "a bus to sunshine".
Then we moved on the my highlight of the day - the B3 organ! it sounds ridiculously good, and can't even be compared with a sample! the touch of the keys takes a while to get used to, and I haven't played a real B3 in a few years, but was very happy to have those sounds be part of my record. So much so I'm pretty sure it elevated "Maps" to be my most anticipated song - ooh just wait until that guitar solo!

Then we moved to the soft Wurlitzer, for the sweet sounding "you (wedding song)".

Got a lot done! my favorite thing is seeing the project slowly getting built and adding weight, it's a fantastic feeling, especially when things are going right.

click here for photos from today's session

a video from this session will be coming next week, (once I get all the music files) so make sure to subscribe.

what's next?

we're resuming shortly after new years with a session I'm really looking forward to - Guitar!

until then, happy various holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment