links

 

Saturday, December 18, 2010

surprising survey results, and a video!

first of all, thanks to all of you that took the time to answer a few questions on my "business-like" survey from the previous blog entry. It was actually very helpful and it'll take me a while to figure out a proper strategy, I found out a few interesting things. 
for example:

- hardly anyone buys music anymore! just torrent it from youtube. 
so, how do musicians still make money? i'm not quite sure. probably if you get a lot of hits on youtube you get some commercials placed?

- hardly anyone reads music mags, or listens to much radio. as a musician out with a new project, one of the first things you do is try to get some reviews in print. but it looks like it hardly influences anyone who might like my music. hmmm.... 

- hardly anyone can classify my genre! the responses where anywhere from reggae (?) to pop, indie, rock, blues, jazz, classical, singer/songwriter etc. 
As a writer I think it's fantastic, I've always strived to create a new sound and stray away from generic, but it's very tricky to market. hmmm....

- people who like my stuff are artsy and interesting. score!


more thoughts on marketing shmarketing will follow, but now - back to music.
here's a video from the keyboard overdub session and some sneak peaks at what's coming. stay tuned for the guitar session, shortly after new years.



and yeah, happy new year and various holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment